The easy way to stay on top of taxes
For most business owners, time is the most valued asset. And one way to make better use of your time is to pay business taxes with your MasterCard. Most IRS federal and state* business tax payments can be made with a credit card or a debit card, whether they are one-time or recurring.
When you pay taxes with a MasterCard, you can:
Earn rewards when you pay your business taxes**
Eliminate check-writing, printing and mailing hassles
Keep track of small business taxes and due dates to avoid missing deadlines
Make last-minute payments
Receive payment confirmation as soon as payment is made
For business tax types, the fee is a deductible business expense
Please note that the above information is not meant to constitute tax advice and should not be used without the advice and guidance of a professional tax adviser who is familiar with all the relevant facts.
How to pay
MasterCard cardholders have the option to make tax payments with a credit or debit card by phone or online with a participating service provider. There is a convenience fee charged by service providers. Fees are based on the type of card used and the amount of the payment. Fees vary by service provider. Taxpayers should contact the service provider to receive up-to-date information and convenience fees.
|Payment Service Provider||Pay by Phone||Website and Rates|
|Value Payment Systems||844.729.8298||www.payusatax.com/mastercard|
|Official Payments Corporation||888.872.9829||OfficialPayments.com/fed|
Eligible IRS forms
Business taxpayers can make payment on the following forms:
- Form 940 Series - Employer's Annual Unemployment (FUTA) Tax Return. Current year, prior year and installment agreement.
- Form 941 Series - Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return. Current year, prior year and installment agreement for amended or adjusted return payments.
- Form 943 Series - Employer's Annual Federal Tax Return for Agricultural Employees. Current year, prior year, installment agreement and amended or adjusted return payments.
- Form 944 Series - Employer's Annual Federal Tax Current Year Return. Current year, prior year and amended or adjusted return payments.
- Form 945 Series - Annual Return of Withheld Federal Income Tax. Current year, prior year, installment agreement, and amended or adjusted return payments.
- Form 1041 - Current Tax Due and Prior Year.
- Form 1065 - Current Tax Due and Prior Year.
*Not all states accept MasterCard cards for tax payment. Click here to see if your state currently accepts credit or debit cards for payment.
**Depending upon the MasterCard® you use, you may be able to earn rewards. Contact the financial institution that issued your MasterCard for specific terms and agreements.
For more information, you can contact the IRS at 1.800.829.1040 or visit the IRS at www.irs.gov.