THE EASY WAY TO STAY ON TOP OF TAXES
For most business owners, time is the most valued asset. And one way to make better use of your time is to use your MasterCard® card to pay taxes.* Most IRS business tax payments can be made with a credit card or debit card, whether they are one-time or recurring.
WHEN YOU PAY TAXES WITH A MASTERCARD CREDIT CARD OR DEBIT CARD YOU CAN:
- Earn rewards when paying your business taxes**
- Eliminate check writing, printing, and mailing hassles
- Keep track of due dates and avoid missing deadlines
- Make last minute payments
- Receive payment confirmation as soon as payment is made
CARDHOLDERS HAVE THE OPTION TO MAKE TAX PAYMENTS BY PHONE OR ONLINE WITH ONE OF THE SERVICE PROVIDERS LISTED BELOW:
|Pay by Phone||Web Site||2012 Convenience Fees||Customer Service Number|
|1-888-972-9829||www.payUSAtax.com/mastercard||1.89% for credit card on amount
paid; $3.49 for debit card fixed
rate on amount paid***
Convenience fees are applicable when you pay with a credit or debit card. The fee is a deductible business and individual expense.
For an individual expense, taxpayers may deduct the fee as a miscellaneous itemized deduction, subject to the 2% limit on Form 1040.
Taxpayers should contact the service provider to receive up-to-date information regarding fees.
ELIGIBILE IRS FORMS
Business taxpayers can make payment on the following forms:
- Form 1040 Series - Current Year Balance Due, Past Due, and Installment Agreement
- Form 1040ES - Estimated Tax
- Form 1040 - Advanced Payment of a Determined Deficiency
- Form 1040X - Amended or Adjusted Return
- Form 1041 - US Income Tax Return for Estates and Trusts for current and prior years
- Form 1065 - US Return of Partnership Income for current and prior years
- Form 4868 - Automatic Extension of time to file
- Form 5329 - Return for Individual Retirement Agreement and Trust Fund Recovery Penalty
- Form 940 Series - Employer's Annual Unemployment (FUTA) Tax Return (Tax Years 2009-2011). Current year, prior year, and installment agreement
- Form 941 Series - Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return (Tax Years 2009-2012). Current year, prior year, and installment agreement for amended or adjusted return payments
- Form 943 Series - Employer's Annual Federal Tax Return for Agricultural Employees (Tax Years 2002-2011). Current year, prior year, installment agreement, and amended or adjusted return payments
- Form 944 Series - Employer's Annual Federal Tax Current Year Return (Tax Years 2009-2011). Current year, prior year, and amended or adjusted return payments
- Form 945 Series - Annual Return of Withheld Federal Income Tax (Tax Years 2002-2010). Current year, prior year, installment agreement, and amended or adjusted return payments
For more information, you can call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 or visit the IRS at www.irs.gov.
* Not all states accept MasterCard cards for tax payments. Click here to see if your state currently accepts credit or debit cards for payment.
**Depending upon the MasterCard card you elect to use, you may be able to earn rewards. Contact the financial institution that issued your MasterCard® card for specific terms and agreements.
***Reduced convenience fees only apply to payments made online and by telephone with payUSAtax. State and local fees may vary.
Be sure to direct future contact with payUSAtax through the same URL or telephone number.