No Purchase or Mobile Usage Necessary to Participate or Win.
Overview: These Official Rules govern the MasterCard #PricelessSurprises Day with Justin Timberlake Promotion ("Promotion"), which is part of the larger MasterCard #PricelessSurprises Campaign that begins on 1/26/14 and ends on 4/30/14. The Campaign includes a series of individual promotions, each governed by independent Official Rules and Promotion Periods under the Priceless® Surprises umbrella Campaign. The Campaign is advertised publicly in the fifty (50) United States, including the District of Columbia, on TV, online, and via Twitter, Instagram and/or other media channels.
Eligibility: Promotion only open to MasterCard® cardholders whose account was opened by a MasterCard customer financial institution prior to 1/26/14, are legal permanent residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia, eighteen (18) years of age or older as of 1/26/14, and who have a Twitter and/or Instagram account. Void in Guam, Puerto Rico, and where prohibited. Employees and their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of MasterCard International Incorporated (“Sponsor”), MasterCard customer financial institutions, credit unions, alliances, and processors (collectively, “MasterCard customer financial institutions”), Tennman Brands LLC, teamDigital Promotions, Inc. (“teamDigital”), and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, distributors, subsidiaries, advertising/promotion agencies (collectively “Released Parties”) are not eligible to enter or win. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
How it Works: The Promotion will occur in two (2) Phases as described below and includes a Sweepstakes, in which winners are selected in a random drawing and a Contest, in which a Grand Prize winner is identified based on Judging Criteria as described below.
Phase 1 Sweepstakes Period: Begins at 5:00:01PM Central Time (“CT”) on 1/26/14 and ends at 11:59:59PM CT on 4/30/14 (the "Sweepstakes Period"). teamDigital’s servers are official Promotion time clock.
Two (2) Ways To Enter Phase 1: To receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry during the Sweepstakes Period, entrants must share a Priceless Surprise with friends and family on Instagram or Twitter (public message) by following the instructions below for each Entry Method (hereafter, collectively “Submission”). Entrants may participate in Promotion via their mobile device and/or computer. Phase 1 is not skill-based. Standard text messaging and/or data rates apply to entrants who submit or participate via a wireless mobile device. Wireless service providers (“Provider”) may charge for airtime for each message sent and received. Call Provider for pricing and service plan before mobile device participation. To participate without using a mobile device, entrant may deactivate their mobile phone from their Instagram and/or Twitter account and enter via a computer or tablet.
1) Instagram: After logging into your Instagram account, upload your Submission according to the instructions provided and tag your Submission with one of the following hashtags, #PricelessSurprises or # PricelessSurprise ("Instagram Hashtag"), in the caption of your Submission. Your Submission must include the Instagram Hashtag and your Instagram profile settings must be public to be eligible for the Promotion. If you do not have an Instagram account, you may sign-up for free by visiting www.instagram.com and following the enrollment instructions. By using the Instagram Hashtag in connection with your Instagram Submission, you are acknowledging and agreeing that Sponsor has the right to pull your Submission through the Instagram API or otherwise use your Submission as set forth in these Official Rules.
2) Twitter: After logging into your Twitter account, tweet your Submission and one of the following Promotion hashtags, #PricelessSurprises or # PricelessSurprise ("Twitter Submission"). Each Twitter Submission must contain a Promotion hashtag (#PricelessSurprise or #PricelessSurprises) conform to Twitter's (140) character limitation including the hashtag, and your Twitter profile settings must be public to be eligible for the Promotion. Twitter Submissions that do not follow this format will be discarded or ignored. If you do not have a Twitter account you may sign-up for free by visiting www.twitter.com and following the enrollment instructions. By using the Twitter hashtag in connection with your Twitter Submission, you are acknowledging and agreeing that Sponsor has the right to pull your Submission through the Twitter API or otherwise use your Submission as set forth in these Official Rules.
Submissions must follow applicable Instagram and Twitter size and format requirements. Incomplete Submissions, Submissions without a required hashtag, Submissions that do not comply with the Submission and Entry Guidelines or any images or language communicating messages inconsistent with the positive images to which Sponsor wishes to associate will be void. Submissions that contain or otherwise infringe on any 3rd party names, trademarks, music, identities, copyrighted material, and/or other material subject to 3rd party rights are prohibited. See Submission and Entry Guidelines below for additional criteria. All Submissions must comply with applicable Instagram (http://instagram.com/legal/terms) and Twitter (www.twitter.com) rules and terms of service. Subject to these Official Rules and terms of service and except where otherwise prohibited, all winning Submissions become property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
Phase 1 Sweepstakes Drawing: On or about 5/2/14, teamDigital will select (150) potential Sweepstakes winners in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Odds of winning a Sweepstakes Prize will depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. teamDigital will notify potential winners within five (5) business days of the drawing. Each potential Sweepstakes winner who wishes to enter Phase 2 of the Promotion will, in order to be eligible to participate in the Contest, be required to comply with the instructions below and participate in accordance with these Official Rules. Potential Sweepstakes winners may be announced on the #PricelessSurprises Twitter and/or Instagram Feed and will be contacted via Direct Message, email and/or mail (unless otherwise noted). All potential Sweepstakes winners will be required to respond as instructed within three (3) days of issuance of notification or other time period to be designated by Sponsor and provide the required information. Upon verification, Sweepstakes winners will be provided a unique ID Code (“Code”) and will be directed to visit a unique URL to participate in Phase 2 of the Promotion.
Phase 2 Contest Entry Period: Verified Sweepstakes winners as described above may participate in the Contest between 12:00:01PM CT on 5/5/14 and 11:59:59PM CT on 5/16/14 (the "Contest Period").
Phase 2 Video Entry: To participate, verified Sweepstakes winners will visit the designated website provided and follow the instructions to access and complete the online Entry Form and upload a Video (“Video”) along with their Code (“Entry”). All Entries must adhere to the Entry Requirements and Submission and Entry Guidelines as outlined below.
1. Visit the designated website.
2. Fully complete the online Entry Form as instructed.
3. Upload an original Video, of up to 90 seconds, responding to the following theme: MasterCard is surprising cardholders and inspiring them to give, get and share more of life's Priceless Surprises. Tell us about a priceless moment- big or small- that you'd like to experience with Justin Timberlake. Consider the Judging Criteria (as outlined below) as you create your Video.
- Narration on Video, if any, must be in your voice, be original and not infringe on third-party rights.
- Video must not exceed 90 seconds in length and must be in English.
- Video must be in a AVI, MOV, MP4, MPEG, WMV, or FLV format.
- Video maximum file size is 50MB.
- Video may not include any music, including, but not limited to any music and/or lyrics written or performed by Justin Timberlake. Sponsor may dub over the Video with music selected by the Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- Entrants must take and appear in the Video themselves, or if entrants have a 3rd party take and/or appear in the Video, applicable entrant must have written permission from that person to submit the Video and entrant must be able to obtain a signed release from the 3 party immediately upon the request of Sponsor. Videos taken by professional videographers are not eligible and will be void.
Entries must be received by 11:59:59PM CT on 5/16/14. Once the Entry is completed and uploaded, the Entry is final and may not be modified or edited. Limit one (1) Entry per person and per email address for the duration of the Contest Period. If entrant submits more than one (1) Entry, all Entries received after the first submission will be void. No correspondence about Entries will be entered into, nor will Entries be acknowledged or returned. Entries not responding to the Contest theme and/or Entries which may contain obscene, offensive, or any images communicating messages inconsistent with the positive images to which Sponsor wishes to associate will be void. Submissions and Entries whose work includes likenesses of 3rd parties or contains elements not owned by the participant (such as, but not limited to, depictions of persons, buildings, trademarks or logos) must be able to provide legal releases for such use including Sponsor’s use of such Entry, in a form satisfactory to Sponsor, upon request. See Submission and Entry Guidelines below for additional criteria. Except where otherwise prohibited, all winning Entries become property of Sponsor and will not be returned. If required information is not included, Entry will be disqualified.
Phase 2 Contest Judging Procedure and Criteria: Entries will be judged by a panel of judges (“Judges”) designated solely by Sponsor (who may include, without limitation employees of Released Parties and recording artist Justin Timberlake, if available), whose determinations will be final and binding in all matters relating to this Promotion, and which will be supervised by teamDigital, an independent judging organization. Entries will be judged based on the following: 1) Relevance to both Priceless Surprise Theme and Story Expressed: 0-40 points; 2) Creativity/Originality: 0-30 points; and 3) Overall Appeal and Entertainment Value: 0-30 points. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these Official Rules, the entrant with the highest total judging score based on above judging criteria will be declared the potential Grand Prize winner, and the five (5) entrants with the next-highest total judging scores will be declared the potential runner-up Finalists (“Finalists”). In the event of a tie, entrant(s) from among those tied with the highest score in Relevance to both Priceless Surprise Theme and Expression of Story Expressed will be declared the applicable winner(s). If a tie still exists, from among remaining pool of tied entrants, entrant(s) with highest score in Creativity/Originality, and then in Overall Appeal and Entertainment Value (if and as necessary to break tie), will be declared the applicable winner (collectively “tiebreaker”). Sponsor may, in its sole discretion: 1) Contact potential Finalists and require them to submit to a background and/or criminal check; 2) Require potential Finalists to answer additional questions or participate in additional screening procedures on days and times designated by Sponsor; 3) Require potential Finalists to sign consent forms and/or releases and return within timeframes specified by Sponsor; and/or 4) Disqualify any potential Finalist who is unable or unwilling to do or provide any of the foregoing.
Prizes will be awarded to the Entrant named on the applicable Submission and/or Entry (regardless of whether that is the name of the authorized account holder of the email address from which said Submission and/or Entry was submitted), subject to eligibility verification, cardholder verification (MasterCard account must be in good standing at time of participation and prize award), and compliance with these Official Rules.
Promotion Phase 1 and Phase 2 Terms: Your participation either by your Submission, Direct Message and/or Entry constitutes your consent to participate in this Promotion and consent for Sponsor to obtain, use, and transfer your Submission and/or Entry, name, address and other details for Promotion administration purposes. Released Parties are not responsible for late, lost, stolen, incomplete, misdirected, delayed, garbled, damaged, inaccurate or undelivered Submissions, Direct Messages, Replies, Submission Comments, Codes, emails, Entries (collectively, “Promotion Data”), theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of Promotion Data, defect/delay in transmission or communication including but not limited to Twitter and/or Instagram hashtag use or for telephonic, human or computer failures, problems or errors, interruptions in service, whether via Instagram, Twitter or otherwise, due to system upgrades, repairs, modifications or other causes, defect or delay in transmission, failures or malfunctions of connections, satellite, network, cable, Internet Service Provider (ISP), phones, phone lines or telephone systems, electronic equipment, computer hardware or software failures, inaccurate Entry information, traffic congestion on the internet, technical or mechanical malfunctions, or other malfunctions, errors or delays, whether caused by equipment, programming, human error or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Promotion, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Promotion, the processing of Direct Messages, emails, Entries, or Submissions, Promotion Data processing, the tabulation of judging points, the announcement of prizes and winners, the cancellation or postponement of the Promotion, for any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer or other device relating to or resulting from participation in this Promotion, or for printing, typographical, human or other errors appearing in these Official Rules, in any Promotion or Campaign-related advertisements or other materials. Use of any device to automate or subvert Submission and/or Entry is prohibited and any Submissions and/or Entries received by such means will be void. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated Submissions and/or Entries are permitted and any Submissions and/or Entries received by such means will be void.
Submission and Entry Guidelines: In addition to that described above, all Submissions and Entries must further meet the following criteria:
- Submissions and Entries that are obscene, offensive, contain any profanities, endorse any form of hate or hate group, or any language or images communicating messages inconsistent with the positive images to which Sponsor wishes to associate will be void;
- Submissions and Entries cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, or contain nudity or any materially dangerous activity;
- Submissions and Entries cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
- Submissions and Entries cannot contain disparaging remarks, defame, misrepresent, invade the publicity, 3rd party rights and/or the privacy rights of Sponsor, Released Parties, their products or any trademarks or other intellectual property they own, other products or companies, or any person, living or deceased;
- Submissions and Entries cannot contain trademarks owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without permission, or contain any personal identifiable information, such as personal names, email addresses, etc.;
- Submissions and Entries cannot communicate messages inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Released Parties associate;
- Submissions and Entries cannot be in violation of any law, statute, regulation, or ordinance. Sponsor reserves the right to void any Submission and/or Entry not satisfying these requirements.
By submitting a Submission and/or Entry, you agree that (i) the Submission and/or Entry does not violate any law or regulation or any right of any third party, including those laws, regulations, and rights related to copyrights, trademarks, publicity, or privacy, (ii) you have the right to grant the rights to a Submission and/or Entry as provided in these rules, (iii) the Submission and/or Entry has not been published or submitted in any other competition; (iv) the Submission and/or Entry is your original work; (v) the Submission and/or Entry has not won previous awards; (vi) you have obtained permission from any person whose name or likeness is used in the Submission and/or Entry; and (vii) that publication of the Submission and/or Entry via various media including social posting, will not infringe on the rights of any 3rd party. You will indemnify and hold harmless, Sponsor and Released Parties from any claims to the contrary. Further, by submitting a Submission and/or Entry, you grant permission and an exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable license for Sponsor and Sponsor’s affiliates to publish, post, adapt, edit, display, and/or modify or otherwise use the Submission and/or Entry in any form, in any manner, and in any media, without any time or territorial limitation, deemed appropriate by Sponsor or the Sponsor's affiliates, without compensation of any kind to you. You further agree that submission of a Submission and/or Entry is gratuitous and made without restriction and will not place Sponsor under any obligation and that Sponsor is free to discuss or otherwise disclose the ideas contained in the Submission and/or Entry on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your Submission and/or Entry, Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you. Sponsor reserves the right to screen Submissions and/or Entries, but may post Submissions and/or Entries without editing or other prior review. You acknowledge that Sponsor has no obligation to use or post any Submission and/or Entry that you submit.
Prizes: Total of (300) Phase 1 Sweepstakes Prizes: The following prizes will be awarded in pairs to each applicable winner as a ‘Surprise’ for that winner and a ‘Delight’ for his/her friend courtesy of #PricelessSurprises and awarded based on the order drawn. For example, the first Entry drawn will be awarded the Mini Speakers and the last Entry drawn will be awarded the 16GB MP3 Player as listed below. Winner may choose to give (transfer, without compensation) one of his/her prizes to a third party recipient and receive the second prize for him/herself. (30) (Total of (15) Pairs): Two (2) Mini Speakers (ARV= $199). (160) (Total of (80) Pairs): Two (2) In-Ear Headphones (ARV=$150). (10) (Total of (5) Pairs): Two (2) Wireless On-Ear Headphones (ARV= $150). (100) (Total of (50) Pairs): Two (2) 16GB MP3 Player (ARV=$150). Make, model and color of electronic equipment awarded to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Electronic equipment to be awarded “as is” and any and all warranties and/or guarantees (if any) shall be subject to the manufacturers’ terms therefore (winners agree to look solely to such manufacturer(s) for any such warranty(s) and/or guarantee(s), if any). Total ARV of all Sweepstakes Prizes=$46,470. Limit one (1) Sweepstakes prize per person, immediate family member, or household.
(1) Phase 2 Contest Grand Prize: A chance for the Grand Prize winner to meet Justin Timberlake on a day, location, time and for a duration to be determined by solely by Sponsor (“Experience”). Experience can include, but is not limited to, round-trip air transportation from the major U.S. airport nearest winner’s residence in the U.S., hotel or other accommodations, ground transportation, and any other expenses related to Experience activities not to exceed $35,000 such as, but not limited to, excursions, food, entertainment, spending money and $15,000 awarded in the form of a check that may be used to help offset taxes (Maximum Approximate Retail Value “ARV”=$50,000). All Experience and on-site activity arrangements, including the allocation of spending money, must be made prior to Experience through an agent of Sponsor’s selection and teamDigital and are subject to Sponsor’s final approval. If actual Experience expenses as approved by Sponsor are less than $35,000, the difference will not be awarded. Actual value of prize will vary depending on designated Experience. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to provide ground transportation, if appropriate, in lieu of air transportation. Experience must take place on the day, location, time, and for the duration specified by Sponsor or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be identified. Released Parties are not responsible for delays or cancellations. If any prize-related activity(s) is canceled or postponed for any reason, balance of prize will be awarded in full satisfaction of prize award. Exact nature of Justin Timberlake’s participation in prize is at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winner is responsible for obtaining all required travel documents prior to travel. All costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and use of the prize not specified herein as being awarded, including, but not limited to, all federal, state and local taxes, and Experience expenses in excess of $35,000 are the winner’s sole responsibility. Sponsor reserves the right to remove or to deny the prize to the winner if he/she engage(s) in a disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at Experience. Winner will be escorted out of any Experience activity by Sponsor for improper conduct and/or violation of federal, state or local laws (including, but not limited to, the unlawful possession, use, or distribution of illicit drugs, unlawful drug paraphernalia, and alcohol) and, in the case of any such infraction, Sponsor will have no further obligation to winner and winner will forfeit the balance of prize. Grand Prize winner will be required to submit to a confidential background check to confirm eligibility and ensure that Experience attendance by such person, or the use of any such person in advertising or publicity, will not pose a security threat or bring Sponsor or Released Parties into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on Sponsor or Released Parties as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and, in such event the prize may be forfeited.
Prize details not specifically set forth herein are at Sponsor's sole discretion. Federal, state, and local taxes and all other expenses not specified herein are winners' sole responsibility. All prizes provided by Sponsor.
Additional Terms: Except as provided herein, no transfer, assignment, cash redemption or substitution of prizes (or portion thereof) except by Sponsor at its sole discretion due to prize unavailability or causes otherwise determined solely by Sponsor, and then for a prize (or applicable portion thereof) of equal or greater value. Grand Prize winner will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release and (where legal) Publicity Release within three (3) days of issuance of notification. Non-compliance with any of the foregoing or failure to respond within the designated timeframe may result in disqualification and awarding of applicable prize to an alternate winner at Sponsor’s sole discretion. If any prize notification or prize is returned as undeliverable, winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected, provided there is sufficient time remaining to verify an alternate winner and reward the applicable prize. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, agree that Sponsor will contact them via Twitter (Direct Message and/or on the Priceless Twitter Feed), comment on their potential winning Submission, or via phone, email, and/or mail, and if they are a potential winner, Sponsor shall have the right and permission (unless prohibited by law) to use entrant’s name, Instagram name and/or Twitter handle, voice, city/state of residence, photograph, and/or other likeness for advertising, trade and/or for any other purpose in any media or format now or hereafter known without further compensation, permission or notification and that such use shall not violate the rights of any 3 parties and shall not violate any applicable federal, state or local laws or ordinances and Sponsor shall have no liability and entrant will defend, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and Released Parties from and against any liability, loss, injury or damage of any kind (including attorney’s fees) to any person or entity including, without limitation, personal injury, death or damage to personal or real property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize (including any travel or prize activity related thereto) or participation in this Promotion and any prize awarded in connection herewith. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to void any and all Submissions and/or Entries of an entrant who Sponsor believes has attempted to tamper with or impair the administration, security, fairness, or proper play of this Promotion and to modify, suspend, and/or terminate this Promotion (or portion thereof) should virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Promotion and, in the case of termination, at its discretion award prizes in a random drawing from among all non-suspect Submissions and/or Entries received prior to suspect event requiring such modification, termination, or suspension. CAUTION: Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages (including attorneys’ fees) and/or other remedies from any such person(s) responsible for the attempt to the fullest extent permitted by law. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter or Instagram.
Winners List: For winners’ names, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by 6/30/14 to: MasterCard #PricelessSurprises Day with Justin Timberlake Promotion Winners, P.O. Box 13106, Bridgeport, CT 06673-3106.
MasterCard, Priceless, and the MasterCard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated. Priceless Surprises is a trademark of MasterCard International Incorporated.
This Promotion is not sponsored, produced, or executed by Justin Timberlake or Tennman Brands LLC.
The use of any non-Sponsor trademarks, service marks, logos, or other marks in connection with this Promotion or any prize is not meant by Sponsor to imply the endorsement of the respective owner(s) of such marks, or any affiliation of the respective owner(s) of such marks with Promotion advertisements or the Promotion.
Sponsor: MasterCard International Incorporated, 2000 Purchase Street, Purchase, NY 10577
Administrator: teamDigital Promotions, Inc., 6 Berkshire Blvd, Bethel, CT 06801,www.teamDigital.com