Prepaid cards are a cost-effective, highly secure alternative to cash and checks, and they are gaining popularity among consumers and commercial enterprises. Until now, however, prepaid program managers and financial institutions have had to choose between feature-rich functionality and the scalability they need to grow their multinational programs.
Total volume on prepaid cards is projected to hit $1.9 trillion globally by 2017.1
With MasterCard Integrated Processing Solutions™ (IPS), they no longer have to choose. Designed, managed, and operated by industry veterans, IPS provides seamless integration of industry-leading products, and the flexibility, reliability, and scalability needed to capture the growing prepaid opportunity and stand out from the crowd in today's fast-changing environment. The IPS global footprint and scalable infrastructure facilitate customer expansion without major development.
Our IPS customers enjoy all of the benefits of what IPS Debit has to offer, along with these additional prepaid-specific benefits:
- Global reach — Our global footprint, scalable infrastructure, and multi-language/multi-currency support facilitate customer expansion.
- Easier implementation — Full-service processing means you don't have to look elsewhere for critical components of your program.
- Advanced technology and reliability — Our IPS solution for prepaid delivers both without compromise.
- Leading edge cross-border support — Multi-currency purse functionality and EMV chip and PIN technology allow for seamless integration and facilitate travel.
MASTERCARD GOES WHERE YOUR CARDHOLDERS GO
MasterCard IPS gives you the power to deploy complex solutions on a global scale, with:
- Multi-language/multi-currency support
- EMV chip and PIN-based technology, which many countries demand
- Innovative cross-border support, with multi-currency purse functionality that enables several currencies on one card
NO PROCESSING PLATFORM HAS THE GEOGRAPHIC COVERAGE OF IPS.
No debit and prepaid processing platform has the geographic coverage of IPS. Our global authorization, clearing, and settlement bring the operational excellence and reliability of MasterCard to nearly every corner of the globe. IPS supports the entire life cycle of a prepaid account, from account creation and inventory management, to card loading/reloading and customer service, through settlement and account closing—all backed by MasterCard Technology’s 24/7 support, superior availability, and continuity.
EXPERIENCE HIGH SECURITY AND CONVENIENCE, NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE.
For payments, chip technology brings consumers and businesses unprecedented security, convenience, and value. Given their technological advantages, chip-based smart cards are generating great interest among financial institutions worldwide. Forward-thinking financial institutions and merchants are harnessing the power of EMV (the Europay/MasterCard/Visa standard for chip card transactions) and the benefits of chip technology to develop new, highly differentiated payment products for consumers. And IPS fully supports EMV.
CONSOLIDATE ALL OF YOUR PREPAID NEEDS INTO ONE PROVEN PLATFORM.
The convenience and benefits of prepaid cards are driving their adoption across many areas—from consumer reloadable to multi-currency travel—and IPS can manage them all in one integrated platform. We understand that no two prepaid programs are exactly alike. Our flexible, next-generation platform enables you to configure the system to fit your specific program needs and rapidly launch new prepaid products or enhance existing ones.