NOTICE REGARDING USE OF FACEBOOK DATA FOR MASTERCARD MARKETPLACE AND MASTERCARD MARKETPLACE FOR SUNTRUST
Notice effective date: July 1, 2012
Last modified date: July 1, 2012
This Notice describes the types of information MasterCard receives from Facebook regarding your Facebook profile and Facebook activity and how we use such data in connection with the MasterCard Marketplace and MasterCard Marketplace for SunTrust programs (collectively "Programs"). Please be aware that during the Program application download process, you granted permission to MasterCard to receive information from Facebook about you that is contained within your private Facebook profile. Should you wish to withdraw that permission, please uninstall the Program Facebook application.
We receive the following information about you from Facebook:
- Email address associated with your Facebook account
- Your "likes" within Facebook
- Other Facebook applications you have downloaded
- Personal information in your profile, including "about me", education, profession, activities and interests
- Your Facebook friends who have also chosen to download the Program application
- Your Facebook friends with whom you have chosen to share Program offers
- Your Facebook "check ins" with geo-location data
- Your "likes" and "hearts" for Marketplace offers or content.
We use this information to determine which Program offers are most relevant to you and to determine which local offers are in your area to enhance your experience with the Program. In addition, if you "like" or "heart" a Marketplace offer, that information will be shared with all your Facebook friends and may be posted to your Newsfeed.